From:
Joseph Berne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 May 2010 13:45:16 -0400
I've listened to and read a lot of his stuff.  He's pretty much in favor of
100% paleo, but he'll recommend adding some neolithic foods to those who can
tolerate it when they have specific goals to meet.  Best example is the
paleo + diary for guys trying to gain mass for football.  He says that some,
but not all, people can handle that kind of diet.  He's one of the few guys
(that I've come across) who points out that nightshades causes many people
problems, though again, he won't say that everyone needs to avoid them.

One of the things I like best about his approach is that he's not just a
self experimenter - as a coach, he puts lots of people on paleo, and sees
that different people handle different parts of the diet differently.  So
rather than just saying nobody should do X because X makes him ill, he'll
see how many dozens of people handle it and be able to conclude that X is
important for some of us but maybe not everyone.  Also, the type of workouts
he coaches people through produce nice numerical outcomes, so he can really
carefully measure how dietary changes affect performance, as opposed to just
having to go by, "I feel better now than I did."

I really like his podcast and it is free.

--
Visit my Training blog:
http://karateconditioning.supersized.org