From:
tom behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Aug 2010 15:58:11 -0400
    Hey, Steve:

Do you want Kevin's cheat sheet?

I'll send it to you if you'd like it.

Tom Behler:  KB8TYJ

----- Original Message -----
From: "Steve" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Monday, August 16, 2010 3:41 PM
Subject: Re: Kevin's amplifier tuning cheat sheet

Yeah, I have my tuning aid connected to the amp.  I don't look at the plate
voltage very often.

But, when I tune, I dip the plate tuning knob, and then turn the plate load
until the plate current starts to rise a bit.

I don't know, without seeing his cheat-sheet, how reliable that is except as
a rough guide.  This is because your antenna rig characteristics will
influence that somewhat.

I did slightly damage my 811's a couple years ago when I forgot to change
the band selector on the amp.  I now get about 590 watts out instead of 690,
but that isn't a big deal.  But, when it comes time for a replacement, I'll
grab the 572's.

I would expect that one needs to neutralize those and the plate caps have
about 1800 volts on them.  Not sure I'd want to be probing around that area
much even with an insulated driver.

Steve, K8SP