VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
George Bell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
George Bell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 May 2010 14:06:28 +0100

Hi Jenn,

I have Vista Ultimate, and it is in "Start" then "All Programs" list

between "Windows DVD Maker" and "Windows Mail".

However, unless you have a Fax Modem installed in your system, Vista

may not have detected and/or installed it.

The following is from Vista's Help where it makes reference to this.

George.

Set up your computer to send and receive faxes

With Windows Fax and Scan you can send and receive faxes, fax or

e‑mail scanned documents, and forward faxes as e‑mail attachments from

your computer.

 To send and receive faxes using a modem

Before you begin, make sure that you've attached an analog phone line

to your computer. You can't use a digital phone line to send or

receive faxes.

If your computer has a built-in fax modem, Windows will automatically

detect it during the setup process. You can connect to one local fax

modem only, although you can connect to multiple fax servers or

devices on a network. If you're not sure whether your computer has a

built-in fax modem, check the hardware information that came with your

computer. If you have an external fax modem, follow the manufacturer's

instructions for attaching it to your computer. Make sure that the

modem is turned on before taking these steps.

Click the Start button , click All Programs, and then click Windows

Fax and Scan.

To use Fax view, at the bottom of the left pane, click Fax.

If you're connecting to a fax device for the first time, click New Fax

on the toolbar, and then, in the Fax Setup Wizard, follow the

instructions for connecting to a fax modem.

– or –

If you've already connected to one or more fax servers or devices on a

network and want to connect to a modem, click Tools, click Fax

Accounts, and then click Add. In the Fax Setup Wizard, complete the

steps for connecting to a fax modem.

Note

To set up your computer to send faxes only, click I'll choose later; I

want to create a fax now in the Fax Setup Wizard. Keep in mind that by

choosing this option, you will be able to send faxes but you will not

be able to receive them. For information on setting up your computer

to receive faxes, see Receive a fax.