BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ruth Barton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Jun 2011 09:24:22 -0400
I'll try to explain what I'm looking for, again someone who is within
reasonable distance of southeastern VT, if possible.

The Putney Historical Society has been given a former church in town.
There are many problems with this building which are being addressed as
time and resources allow.  We have an Arts group which is using the former
sanctuary as a performance space.  It works quite nicely and work is
ongoing to make it even better.  However, one HUGE problem is the peeling
of large chunks of paint from the tin ceiling.  And nobody knows why.  We
are reluctant to repaint until we know the reason for the paint failure--it
was painted not all that long ago.

One complicating factor is that I can see on the edge, where the design is
quite fancy, that under the plain white paint it is painted in blue and
gold.  I don't want anyone to disturb this detail by removing paint, at
least until we can see what it really looks like.

So we are looking for someone who can give us an assessment of why this
paint is failing and what to do to prevent failure in the future.  Can
anyone recommend someone to do this?  Thanks, Ruth
--
Ruth Barton
Dummerston, VT