From:
Lloyd Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 10 Nov 2010 23:56:25 -0500
I was looking at the PDF manual on the Yaesu web site, and it appears that
the 450 does not have a direct frequency entry keypad.  There is a "select"
knob which can apparently be set up to use fairly large tuning steps.  But
it looks to me as if this rig doesn't havbe direct frequency entry, except
by means of its serial port.  At least you can interrogate its voice
synthesizer to find out what frequency you have arrived at.  Another reason
why I thought the 450 was rather limited.

Lloyd Rasmussen, Kensington, Maryland
Home:  http://lras.home.sprynet.com
Work:  http://www.loc.gov/nls