From:
Danny Dyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Aug 2010 23:05:50 -0400
Hi John,  I'm Danny Dyer, Wb4idu, in Toccoa GA. I'm a satisfied owner
operator of the Yaesu FT817ND.  It has its' pitfals and nogos for the blind,
many of which I've dealt with and work around, but I've had it configured to
my satisfaction, and there's really nothing out there to compare with it,
when you're talking an "apples to apples comparison.
I'd be glad to talk at length by phone if you like,
give me a number and best time to call, I'll try to call you tomorrow.  By
the way, I've had several of these lil things, along with an Icom 703+, as
well as a Yaesu FT70G, Tokyo Hy-Power HT750, and AEA/Mizuho MX28S/all,
portable HF rigs, with varying degrees of accessibilities and work arounds.
QRP with limited rigs and antennae is a challenge, but it's a lot of fun and
satisfaction too.  HTH, Danny.