From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Jul 2010 16:59:47 -0600
if there isn't a control program made yet, i doubt it'll be long before one
does come out.
sounds like this thing is modern enough to catch the eye of the nerdy
programmer types that can build something like that.
I like the zip code /postal code idea as well, but I like the idea of using
your GPS to give the unit location and have it automatically program local
frequencies.  I also like the fact that they've designed in an SD card slot
for settings and frequencies etc.
I suspect this device isn't like a touch screen phone or computer where
icons appear and disappear in seemingly random spots.  I would suspect that
the touch screen is set up like a tradditional key panel and that a tactile
overlay could be a viable option.
I guess we'll find out.
73
Colin, V A6BKX