From:
Kevin Minor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 May 2010 23:51:13 -0400
Hi Christian.

Others have answered the question well, but I'll add in two things that will
help you set CTCSS tones, which I'll call PL tones because it's easier to
write.

The PL tone settings are not voiced in the TS-2000.  This isn't a big
problem.  First, when you turn the knob to adjust the tone, when you reach
the minimum or maximum setting, the radio beeps at you.  If you try to go
beyond this level, it will continue to beep, letting you know you can't go
any farther in that direction.

Here's another nice thing about adjusting PL tones.  You can key the radio
and see if the tone worked.  I found this feature quite nice.  The radio
doesn't go out of the tone setup when you key the mike, so if the tone
doesn't work, just try another one.  You may want to give your call out
there, rather than just kerchunking the repeater.

Hope this helps you out.  The TS-2000 is a great radio.  I've had mine for a
little over a year, and it works great.  I haven't had it on HF yet, but I
hope to do so soon.

Have a great day, and don't work too hard.

Kevin Minor, Lexington, KY, U.S.A.