From:
tom behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Mar 2010 12:04:17 -0700
Hi, all.

Well, I sat down here and revised the net script for the Cross-Country Blind
Ops net.   I did this in order to take into account the switch to daylight
savings time, and to add the idea of taking short-time check-ins.  I also
put dashes in certain areas, so people can fill in their own information as
net control if they'd like.

I hope this looks ok to everyone, and if tomorrow's net control wants to try
it out, let me know how it went.

Here's the script:

Cross-country Blind Ops Net Script

Good afternoon, everyone.  This is   ---------, Net Control for this
session of   the   Cross-Country Blind Ops Sunday afternoon HF net.  My name
is   -------------, and I am located in ----------.  This net meets every
Sunday afternoon at 2100Z (during standard time) or 2000Z (during daylight
savings time), on or near 14.258 MHZ upper side band on the 20 meter band.
This is not a traffic net, but we will attempt to assist in handling
emergency situations or traffic if necessary.  Anyone with priority or
emergency traffic should feel free to break in as needed.

This net is dedicated to fellowship, and the exchange of topics and ideas
relevant to blind hams, or the amateur radio community in general.

All are welcome to check in.  Check-ins will be taken one at a time, and
will be asked to make a transmission when their position on the net check-in
list is reached.

Stand-bys will be taken periodically throughout the net for additional
check-ins.

Net control will also periodically take relays of check-ins from stations
that are difficult or impossible to copy.

Before we begin taking check-ins, does anyone have any priority or emergency
traffic?  If so, please call now.  This is -------  cross-country blind ops
net control.

Hearing no priority or emergency traffic, this is ---------- net control.

To begin the net, let me ask if there are any short-time net check-ins, who
need to check in and out quickly because of time constraints?  When you do
check in, please give your call-sign twice, slowly and clearly, second time
phonetically, and please also give your first name and location.

Are there any relays?

Now, let’s move onto regular check-ins.  Once again, when checking in,
please give your call-sign twice, slowly and clearly, second time
phonetically, and please also give your first name and location.  This is
_______ net control.

Take periodic stand-bys for additional check-ins every 15 minutes or so as
the net proceeds, being sure to also ask for any relays.

Conclude the net as follows:

I'd like to thank everyone for checking into this afternoon's net.  We had a
total of _______ check-ins, _______ participants including myself as net
control, and the net lasted for approximately -----.

Then, sign off with the following statement:  “At this time, I will return
this frequency to its normal operation.  This is ------ now clear of net
operations.  73 and good afternoon.