From:
Michelle Vychodil <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Michelle Vychodil <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Apr 2010 02:22:38 +0000

I understood from another post that Maltodexatrin is usually corn based and GF if made in the US. Another poster said this: "I want to make sure you are aware that in the US if Maltodexatrin is made from wheat that the list of ingredients MUST SAY WHEAT. This is by law and effective January 1, 2006. This law applies to any manufactured food product made in the US that has wheat as an ingredient, it must say WHEAT in the list of ingredients. This is part of the Food Allergy Law. "

My question was more about where to find a list of ingredients to avoid in commercial products. There were several posts which suggested the following lists:
http://www.celiac.com/articles/182/1/Unsafe-Gluten-Free-Food-List-Unsafe-Ingredients/Page1.html
http://www.glutenfreeliving.com/ingredient.php
http://www.glutenfreeinsd.com/ingredients_confusing.html

A couple of people sent their personal lists which were very helpful to keep a copy in my purse. And several people recommended the following books which contain comprehensive ingredient lists:
-       The Gluten Free Diet: A Comprehensive Resource Guide by Shelly Case
-       Gluten Free Bible

Thank you, Michelle  (Portland, OR)