Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Mon, 11 Jul 2011 13:19:18 -0400
7bit
From:
"Renee' C." <[log in to unmask]>

Well, it seems a lot of you use Costco. I will get a free pass and check our Costco out to see what's available. Thanks so much for your experiences and advice! So here's the scoop from so many of you with a list of items that people buy at Costco as well as GF products:

Canned chicken breast (6 large cans for $10) are awesome. They have deli packs of turkey and ham. Hashbrowns. Rudi's bread. Lots of chips. Awesome meats and seafood (fresh and frozen). Tons of fresh veggies and fruits. I would die without our Costco membership (just b/c of Kirkland paper towels and Charmin TP). Kirkland will let you know if their products are GF if you call their number.

You can find many gluten free items at Costco. However, their products sometimes change or become un-available. I have shopped at Costco for years.

Yes! My Costco in NC has organic quinoa for $9.50/4lbs. Usually it is $3 or $4 for 1 pound at the regular grocery store. They also just started carrying Lara Bars and Trio Bars. They sell cooked rotisserie chickens that are labeled gluten free and they are only $5. I love their Mango Peach salsa, which is labeled gluten free and if you eat a lot of produce, you can get some great deals at Costco. They have good deals on non-food items as well. What they carry depends on the store, so you may want to see if you can visit the Costco near you to see what they carry before buying the membership.

They almost always have Rice Works chips,and just started carrying an adzuki bean chip that I adore. Costcos in Southern CA now carry Rudy's gf bread products (doesn't help me in WA). I also buy their salmon burgers, cheese, coffee, tea, wine, hummus, some fresh salsas, almond butter, nuts, dried fruits, sun - dried tomatoes in olive oil (awesome price!), toiletries, vitamins (you have to read the labels), Olay body wash... you get the idea.

I am amazed at what I can sometimes get at Costco that is actually labeled GF. But even the things that aren't (produce, canned goods I know are GF, meats) make my membership worthwhile.

I'm a Costco member in Colorado, and I love it. Since most food is naturally GF, I enjoy all the things most people enjoy: fruit,
veggies, fish, chicken, meat, cheeses (fabulous prices on cheeses by the way). And, there are many ready-made things that are also GF, such as condiments, chips, etc. At the Costco here, I can find, Crunchmaster crackers, RiceWorks chips (fabulous), Rudi's GF bread, quinoa, and MANY
other products that are GF.

I love to shop at Costco. The fresh produce is amazing - much better than in the market. They have fresh fish and great meats. The rotisserie chicken is GF. We have it one night for dinner and I use the leftover in chicken salad the next day, or a casserole. I don't usually buy much in the way of boxed foods there, but you can find a wide variety of items. Items stocked are different in different regions of the country, so try to find someone you can go in with and check out your local Costco for what is available.

Some of the stores have 2 loaves of Udi's g/f bread for 6.89, but not here in Charleston........yet. They have some fantastic g/f crackers: Crunchmaster Multi-Grain Crackers. I found these wonderful crackers at CostCo for 1/2 of what they cost.

I live in British Columbia and the only thing I have found at our local Costco is Lara bars and some rice crackers, prob. not worth a membership.

I have purchased Crunchmaster Crackers and Almond Milk in large amounts but since it's just my husband and I, I probably wouldn't have a
membership if we hadn't won it in a raffle.

I get a lot of gf things there - most of them, though, are fresh chicken, Oscar Mayer bacon, hot dogs and other meats, cheese, and fruits and vegetables. Or boxed chicken broth, canned tomato products, Bush's Baked Beans or similar. Costco also has Premio Sweet Italian and Hot Sausage packs which are gf and great! They often have bags of snacks like Sweet Potato Chips and Rice Chips that are labeled GF. They have boxes that contain four bags of Crunchmaster crackers, too. All in all, since I do cook a lot, I think that Costco is a great deal for getting gf ingredients.

What I love about Costco is that their signature brand (Kirkland) labels items as GLUTEN FREE. I purchase hot dogs (Coleman and Nathans,) bread, chips, rice, and crackers. I'm certain I get more gluten free items there, but many are naturally gluten free.

Seems to me that Costco is embracing their clientele more and more. Some of them even have Rudi's - for an amazing price. And recently I attended a GF event in Monterey, CA and some Costco folks showed up with a huge shopping cart over-flowing with their GF fare.

I have heard that Costco is dropping many of their GF items, due to lack of interest. But, that said, I do shop at Costco, and a lot of the reason is that they carry quite a few GF items that I really like (though, granted, many of these items are mainstream and just "happen" to also be GF). I hope that the rumors are not true.

I live in Roseburg Oregon. I can get GF sausages in 3 different flavors. GF rice crackers and GF Sweet Rays BBQ Sauce. That's about it that I have found. Costco in Carson City NV carries Julies GF ice cream sandwiches. I have requested them for Roseburg, but they said they carry Skinny Cow and are not planning on changing.

We have good luck at Costco. Depending on how 'clean' you eat you can find lots of stuff (some organic, some not). At one point we were buying the Bell & Evans GF chicken nuggets there but haven't seen them in a while. Some one else also said they saw Rudi's bread there but I haven't seen it at my Costco. I'd say we spend about $150 every 2-3 months there (sausage, cheese, eggs, etc.). If you don't have a big family (we are a family of 4) or have other dietary restrictions you might be better off sticking with Amazon on line to get what works for you. I think they give guest passes so you can go in and check it out before signing up. One nice thing is a lot of stuff there is labeled GF or if you have to call for the Kirkland brand they are super nice and answer all your questions!

Hi, I live in Florida and find very few items other than crackers and chips, and of course the normal fresh foods. Their inventory fluctuates, so if you do occasionally find something GF, they may not have it the next time.

*******
*******