ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sharon Hooley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Dec 2012 19:19:45 -0500
I am learning that God is a real person, not a philosophy that we do
rituals in church about and sing for.  If it weren't for Him, you and I
could not reach out and physically touch.  The Lord put Moses into a
cleft of a rock and showed him his backside since no one can see His
face and live because Eve ate the forbidden fruit.  Then, between The
Holy Spirit and Mary, He took on physical flesh and was given the name
Jesus.  There was a real town called Bethlehem in Israel, just like
there is Denver Colorado in the USA.   There was a real stable with
it's animals, hay and manure, and real baby that, if I had been there,
I could have held in my arms, just like I've held some of my nieces and
nephews soon after they came home from the hospital where they had come
out of the mother's womb.  I'm curious as to what His voice sounded
like when He was a grown man, the feel of his hands as He ministered to
the people.  And when He died on a man-made cross, He shed real,
physical blood.  So when I proclaim that His blood covers me, that's
not a philosophy either.

Since we had been made in God's image, He does have emotions, just as I
do.  I can read about His Compassion, patience and Anger in the old
Testament, and the same compassion, joy and sorrow  Jesus felt during
his ministry, and the agony as He approached the day when He would be
sacrificed through brutal torture and Crucifixion.

Now we wait for a physical risen Lord to come and the creation of a
real, new Earth.  That helps me to more readily accept why I should go
to church, read the Bible and pray.  It is also helping me to come out
of my morbid feelings that I had associated with God.