VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Tom Lange <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tom Lange <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Apr 2010 05:50:51 -0700
Hi,
You wrote:

> This has been on the BARD site for the last 2 months:
>
> The Holy Bible, Containing the Old and New Testaments: Translated out of
> the Original Tongues and with the Former Translations Diligently Compared
> and Revised
> Unspecified. Read by Alexander Scourby. Reading time 79 hours 2 minutes.
> Religion
> The King James Version of the Old and New Testaments as read by Alexander
> Scourby in the early 1950s. Combined reissue of RC 40842 and RC 40843.
> 1611.
> Download The Holy Bible, Containing the Old and New Testaments: Translated
> out of the Original Tongues and with the Former Translations Diligently
> Compared and Revised, DB68777

Wow, the Bible read by Alexander Scorby?  That's great.  I'll have to check
that out.  I get requests from students who want a copy of the Bible
periodically and will use that as a possible resource.

I'm curious about the DAISY markup, though.  Can you easily locate books,
chapters and verses? For example, could I open the Bible and go straight to
John 3:16?
The reason that I ask this is that in some of the NLS books I've had trouble
getting to specific chapters and pages.

Tom

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]