VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Tom Lange <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tom Lange <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Apr 2010 18:46:43 -0700
Hi,
I haven't researched this much at all, so I don't have an answer for the
original question here.  I am curious, though, about the cost of laser
printers versus ink-jet.  I had a cheap Epson inkjet printer that was given
to me, and when I had a lot of problems finding color ink cartridges for it
I dispensed with color printing altogether and bought an HP P1006
black-and-white laser printer for under $100.  It's been a great little
printer and it's fast compared to my old Epson.  I'm wondering about the
overall cost per page, and how easy it is to find toner cartridges for it
versus the hassle I had finding ink cartridges for my old color Epson.  I
thought I heard that you only get about 500 pages out of a black toner
cartridge, which seems low to me, but, like I say, I know very little about
this stuff.
Any thoughts?
Tom

Archived on the World Wide Web at