C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Michael Jeffries <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Aug 2013 17:20:28 -0400
Thank you Carla for your input.  I may be one of a few out here that would like seeing more disabled people in regular shows.  Some shows tend to be too perfect, like a cookie cutter type mentality.  If anything throwing in a curveball in some comedies or dramas with reoccurring roles but more than two a season.

TV shows I most remember was "War of the Worlds"  Philip Akin played Norton Drake,  a paralyzed computer expert.  "M.A.N.T.I.S."  Carl Lumbly played Dr. Miles Hawkins, a paralyzed scientist.  "Dark Angel"  Michael Weatherly played Logan Cale a paralyzed freedom fighter working behind the scenes.

I tried to watch Glee but that was one I couldn't get into watching.

Michael Jeffries