From:
tom behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Sep 2010 09:02:37 -0400
    Eric:

That knob is the RIT/XIT knob.

There are three buttons immediately to the left of that knob.

One is used to activate the XIT function, the second is to activate the RIT
function, and the third button is RIT/XIT clear.

As you probably know, these buttons, and the rit/xit knob are used to
slightly adjust your transmit and/or receive frequencies, rather than using
the main tuning knob.

Personally, I don't like to use the RIT or XIT functions, because it is easy
to forget that they have been activated, which could throw your transmit or
receive frequencies off slightly, but I realize this is merely personal
preference on my part.

I hope this helps.

Once I get some antennas up here, it will be interesting to see if we can
work each other, since you're in California, and I'm now back in Michigan.

73 from Tom Behler:  KB8TYJ