From:
Danny Dyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Jun 2010 22:59:27 -0400
Hi Richard, *The Dreaded IPhone?  Why the Dreaded? or is that meant to be a
play on words somewhat slanted toward  the Android phone, did you mean the
"droided" IPhone?/Sorry about that, I had to say that, it was too tempting
not to. hi hi.

I don't have the Iphone, but I do have the 32Gig, third generation/made
after October of last year, Ipod Touch, which includes the Voice Over Screne
Reader/right off the shelf, and which does everything the phone does, except
be a phone/of course the touch can do skype, while on WyFi, so in a measure,
it can be a phone as well.
*For someone used to Tactal keys on a phone,/which I am, although I've never
had a phone with a screne reader, (I've always been too cheap") the touch
screne takes a lil getting used to,/I've had my touch since early May, and
am still getting used to things with it, but frankly,  It's very learnable
and doable technology, not only so, but the IOS4/released last week, for the
3rd gen touches, and the 3gs Iphones,/and which, of course, is the included
operating system for the brand new 4GS Iphones/which were released June24,
opens up quite a few more possibilities, including *@no extra cost, blue
tooth compatibility with, and successful support of, a number of braille
displays,
reportedly very doable OCR  activity on the 4GS Version phones, which have
both a front and rear camera,and there are other neat things they will do
that we're all beginning to learn about.
*I'm glad for the moment that I still also have a Windows PC,/I'm using that
to type this on, as my typing speed on the touch leaves a lot to be
increased, but it's increasing.  But the stuff this lil apple will do pretty
much right off the shelf, with a lil help from manuals and other users, for
the new, refurbished, , or used asking prices,  that are out there, /(New,
3GS Iphones for 97$s, and New 4GS Iphones for 197.  (the 3gs phones can be
software updated for free.)make this a very increasingly important link in
the technology continuum.
*I got my touch from a private seller,/they sell new for 299, Mine cost me
160.  *Meanwhile, the update from Jaws8 to jaws11, for my pc which is three
years old, is 550$s!
I've made some notes and  observations taken mostly from more experienced
users, musings,  which I'll be glad to share with you if you wish.  My email
address is
D D Y E R 1 @ G M A I L DOT C O M
and for the sake of the list, we'll keep this stuff off list, unless
otherwise requested.  HTH, Danny Dyer, Toccoa, GA, USA..