From:
Lou Kolb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 May 2010 22:21:41 -0400
Tom,

Elecraft was originally known for their QRP rigs and then they came out with
a 100 watt module for the k2.  I'm not positive but I think the K3 has
always had the 100 watt module available but, of course, you can get it as a
ten watt rig if you desire and upgrade later.  Getting only the things you
need was one of the attractions to me but even so, the price was pushing 3
grand.  Savings took a hit but I figure I'm not getting any younger and you
sure can't take it with you.  Lou