From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 May 2010 18:38:36 -0600
yep, that is on by default set at 30 minutes.
it will automatically reset if you perform any functions on the radio other
than volume adjustment.

the auto shut off is a nice feature when you do forget about the radio being
on, however, with most repeaters, there is a 15 or 30 minute anouncement of
the repeater call in voice or cw, so if you are monitoring an amateur
repeater, it usually won't shut off.  Also, the TH F6A has another power
saving feature which turns the receiver on only every 3 seconds by default
to check for a signal...this can be set in the menus as well for different
periods of time, or off completely.  That is why sometimes when listening to
a frequency, you'll miss the first few seconds of a conversation or the
beginning of a call sign or something.
as soon as there is no signal, the receiver starts shutting itself off for 3
seconds at a time.
73
Colin, V A6BKX