From:
Harvey Heagy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Apr 2010 16:21:46 -0400
Hi Phil.  Yes, I had quadruple heart bypass surgery on December 18th.  I
went to visit friends in Baltimore for the holidays, and on November 20th, I
woke up with shortness of breath and had to be brought into the ER.  When
the completed their tests and whatnot, it was determined that I needed
quadruple bypass surgery which I had on December 18th.  I may have a fight
with my insurance company on this, because they are claiming that because I
took some time off to discuss this with my family, and so that I could have
at least the major procedures done at one facility rather than two, that
this was not an emergency that they don't have to pay it.  Both my heart
surgeon and my cardiologist say they will stand behind me on this as I took
the only responsible action offered to me.  So everyone keep me in their
prayers.  I think my insurance company is behaving like babies and looking
for an out on a minor technicality.
Harvey