AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Vera Crowell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Apr 2010 16:34:51 -0500

                           PLEASE REMIT YOUR AAM DUES
                          Visit: www.AfricanAssociation.org !!!

Good afternoon, John.

I love the way you make assumptions about my priorities. Unlike you, after recognizing the unfairness and the racism inherent in this piece of legislation, I thought about the people as individuals and the results of a person suspected of being an undocumented immigrant being stopped or pulled over by the police. Also unlike you, I am thinking of the police officers, many of whom, like friends and family on the Madison police force, are people attempting to do their jobs to the best of their ability so they can take care of their families. Again unlike you, I will be praying for both groups of people and for the end of this bill.

--