Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Mon, 2 Jun 1997 15:13:05 -0700
Todd Moody wrote some of his concerns re genetic make-up and fat and
eggs..etc. This focused a concern of mine and I would appreciate any
opinions and feedback. Please help.

     There is history of colon cancer in my immediate family..both my
mother and brother died of this disease albeit at advanced ages: 81 and
75. My other brother died of stomach cancer at age 67. Many in the
extended family seem to have had much "stomach trouble" all the time.
The exact nature is unknown to me because I was too young at the time to
understand and also diagnosis was far more primitive than now.

       My question is what do you think of the Paleodiet in these
circumstances especially since the prevailing 'wisdom' is high carb,
especially grains, such as oatmeal, and limited protein/fat. Dilemma: I
function/think/feel better the more *Paleo* my diet is. When I eat even
low amounts of carbs, all kinds of unpleasant symptoms and conditions
follow: weight gain, intestinal upsets, confusion, terminal fatigue etc
etc..it's a long list.  On the Paleo Diet everything goes away and I
just feel like a 'smoothly functioning entity'.  I can't believe that
the awful symptoms on the *proper* diet are doing this bod any good.

    I also have Diabetes now and am on insulin since Jan97, had a heart
attack last month..total shock, no warning, no expectation. Angioplasty
opened the blocked vessel and the prognosis is "good" they say.

        I am not asking for 'medical advice' if you are uncomfortable
calling it that,  just your own opinions and thoughts, experience.

[[[am having some problms with ** Reply To ** instructions in my mail
header..so please Reply To: PaleoList or privt email, at your
choice]]]]

would appreciate any/all replies