Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Karl Mac Mc Kinnon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 May 1997 08:25:40 -0500
On Fri, 30 May 1997, Grant Magnuson wrote:

> Dan Luterman asking about:

> Man would have needed to be where water was and that makes fish very
> accessable.  In fact there is no reason to believe that river spawning
> wouldn't have occurred many tens of thousands of years ago and like today,
> you can virtually walk in and pick up a feast.

        Man, humankind, yes.  Put if you look at a fosil record of Africa
you see that there is a big split.  East of the continental rift you get
apes and monkies.  West of it you get hominids.
        Then, look at modern humans.  We've got a nose that beats out all
other noses for swimming.  We'e got body hair in a streemline pattern.
And dispite the 5% body fat of Ray Audette we've got a nice layer of it
for use in swimming.  Now, all our "adaptations" can be explained through
neoteny, which is also the keeping of fetal features (like the human
head-body configuration, which is common to all mammals before birth).
But "Aquatic Ape" theory does have a lot going for it.  This means that
in humankind evolution is imcomplete in regards to seafood, which is a
muchie that not all primates can eat.  Like our teeth being too much for
our mouth, and that blood vessal in the left leg that is so poorly
placed, evolution is a force that causes "good enough" change.

Karl Alexis McKinnon|I live as the beasts in the fields, rejoicing in the
SP2                 |fleshly life. I favor the edible and curse the inedible.