Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
"Andrew S. Bonci, BA, DC, DAAPM" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 May 1997 19:59:41 -0500
Ward Nicholson wrote:

> Actually, I like the philophizing every bit as much as the practical
> aspects, since philosophizing does not seem to be allowed on the Paleodiet
> listgroup--being devoted as it is mainly to research. For me, the
> philosophizing or what could also be termed the "communications" issues,
> and how Paleodiet can best be presented to others and to the public is a
> very important aspect of getting more attention and credibility for
> Paleodiet in general.
>
> --Ward Nicholson <[log in to unmask]> Wichita, KS

You know I'd have the following questions about philosophizing.  I for
one am prone to philosophizing perhaps to a fault or perhaps to some
end-stage neurosis.  I like to philosophize it seems okay.  However, as
of late I have been wondering ... To what extent is philosophizing
necessary to a paleodiet-end?  To what extent is philosophizing
necessary to diet, period?  I vascillate back and forth between the
tugging of the phenomenologists and the linguistic philosophers.
Linguistic philosophy might say that philosophizing over ones diet is
cruel and a pathology of the mind.  And any philosophizing as such is
meaningless and only causes problems which would not exist if we
correctly used our language about diet.  Perhaps the phenomenologists
are correct in that my wonderings about diet allows me to find meaning
in it.  And finally, what evidence do we have regarding the philosophy
of our neandertal ancestors?  Did they philosophize about their diet as
we do over both theirs and our modern equivalent diets?  And in the
final analysis, is it necessary to philosophize about diet at all be it
paleodiet or big macs and fries?  If philosophizing is necessary for
diet, then what other physiological phenomena should I be philosophizing
about?  Perhaps my heart rate and pulse?  My bowel movements?  Where's
the joy ... the bliss?  Alas, I'm a junkie waiting to score the next
hit-o-philosophy!

Andrew =8-)
--
Andrew S. Bonci, BA, DC, DAAPM
Assistant Professor, Department of Diagnosis