Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Karl Alexis McKinnon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Jul 1997 01:13:39 -0500
On Wed, 16 Jul 1997, Troy Gilchrist wrote:

> Each of us on NEANDERTHIN learns what his or her body can and cannot
> accept in the way of minor cheating. Admittedly, eating a small amount
> of forbidden fruit once in six months or a year is unlikely to have a
> severely debilitating effect.

        Would a good paralel be hot sauce?  I know from eating lots of
spicy foods (not so now, but I used to) that if you go a while without
hotsauce it gets hotter.  What burned your tongue in June won't do a
darn thing after July and September's infusions of Tabasco.  So the more
strict you are on NeanderThin, the more likely you will not like the
effects of Forbidden Fruits that you didn't mind last year.  In real
terms, then, it would be better in the short term to eat breakfast
sausage every month than every year if this is the case.