From:
Susana Reyes <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Susana Reyes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Mar 2010 21:52:29 -0400

Hello
Thank you all for the responses!
Here is a summary of the responses:

1.  Vegan rice protein at Whole Foods.  It comes in chocolate and vanilla!
2.  Reliv Classic for basic nutrition - contains protein.  Then for muscle recovery I use Reliv ProVantage.
3.  Hemp for those allergic to casin and soy!
4.Suggest that you receive assurances that their product is tested, post-production. Relying on their suppliers to provide them with GF ingredients is not good enough. Suppliers may test for impurities and toxin but rarely for gluten, particularly is the ingredient is intrinsically gluten free. The facility where the ingredient is processed and/or packaged would have to be gluten free.
5.   Brown Rice Protein Powder.  It is vegan and no added sugar, milk, soy, egg, yeast, wheat, corn, herbs, preservatives or coloring.
Ingredients:  Brown rice protein,concentrate, brown rice syrup solids.  I like to make berry shakes in the a.m. and add some spinach leaves to it.
It is distributed by MLO products  www.mloproducts.com
6.  I use the whey from Hammer nutrition (sports products).  They have gluten free products and several flavors.  Works great.
7.  Try HEMP protein powder- hemp is naturally free of gluten, and is a complete food. I use it for my backpacking trips, being both Colitis and Celiac affected, and it helps me stay on top of my game out on the trail.  No, it does NOT have any THC in it, is usually cold pressed (the best kind), and is fine for your whole family to use.
8.  MLO manufactures a brown rice protein powder labelled gluten free and vegan.
http://www.genisoy.com/HostedStore.LassoApp?-ResponseLassoApp=detail.lasso&ID=a2fc984e327d702d
Although there is no indication on the can I have, the website url indicates it might be under the Genisoy brand.
9.  The following is  a wonderful company that produces wonderful nutritional powders including protein powder. All of it is gluten free. I have used this for years. The ENF powder with vanilla flavor is excellent and tastes good. too.  This company designed the astronaut food for their trips. It is Canadian. They have done marvelous research on many food related diseases and it is available. I heartily recommend it and have seen nothing in the US that comes close to it. In fact I was never able to find an American product that was gluten and dairy and soy free. This is entirely non allergenic because off the way they treat the small proteins (peptides).
10.  Hammer Nutrition Whey Protein and Soy Protein is gluten-free and free of artificial stuff.
http://www.hammernutrition.com/products/whey-protein.whey.html?navcat=recovery
11.  Yes I sell one through Young Living Essential Oils, it is rice based.  I love it!  www.youngliving.com
12.   Thorne  Mediclear , check out Thorne.com - their products are also available from some distributors
13.  NutriBiotic rice protein. It comes in vanilla, chocolate, plain and maybe strawberry
14.  DESIGNER WHEY PROTEIN-VANILLA
15.  Betty Lou's Robbs!
16.  Vitamin Shoppe has rice protein powder to use in milk shakes and smoothies
17.  Bob's Red Mill Hemp Protein Powder
18.  GNC has some, labeled "no gluten: on can and it mixes well.
19.  Jay Robb makes a great gf protein powder
20.  At Whole Foods:  http://sequelnaturals.com/en/vega/products/whole-food-smoothie-infusion/features-benefits

END