From:
Sue Newell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sue Newell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Nov 2010 21:46:14 -0400

Do you need a gluten free refresher?

When I was diagnosed with celiac disease in 1996 I really threw myself
into researching the gluten free diet. It seemed like food
manufacturers were trying to discourage me from eating their food. I
remember trying to buy a carton of sour cream and every package
included “starch” on the label without telling me what kind of starch
it was. Natural flavors and seasoning lurked in every package. I asked
dozens of people if mono and di-glycerides were OK for me to eat,
including dietitians and physicians, and no one knew the answer.

I spent time on the Internet following discussion lists about celiac
disease and often ended up more confused than I when I started. After
about six months of frustration, I got most of my questions answered
and settled into a kind of truce. I found enough safe products to keep
me relatively happy and I had a mental list of ingredients I needed to
avoid. I got pretty good at scanning ingredient lists.

Does this sound like you? Are you still making choices based on what
you learned when you first went gluten free? If so, here is the
opportunity to bring your knowledge up to date. The information is
presented in a clear concise way so that half an hour of reading will
open your eyes and your mind.

For more information, and to review the table of contents, visit
http://www.learntoeatglutenfree.com/gluten-free-refresher/

Best Regards
Sue Newell
www.learntoeatglutenfree.com