From:
Anne Barfield <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Anne Barfield <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 May 2010 19:14:58 -0500

My comments about receiving Chex samples in the Sunday paper brought many
their papers.   Others wrote to tell me they had General Mills cereals but
not any GF samples.  In certain small towns who receive the San Antonio
Express News some got them and others didn't.

I heard about GF chex samples in Rochester, NY, Trix and Cinnamon Toast
Crunch (not GF) in Los Angeles, Chex in Oak Forest, Il.  In the
NJ/Philadelphia area they have had the Chex coupons in the newpapers, but
not the samples.  Samples were in a suburb of Chicago in the Chicago
Tribune,  Buffalo News,  and Milwaukee.  In Redding, Calif. they got 3
sample boxes but no GF samples

Another comment:
You are right in saying the Trix is not made on a dedicated line nor in a gf
facility as is the Chex line. There is a lot of cross contamination that
occurs during processing. I think one reason GM went to the gf Chex was the
high cost of barley which had doubled or more prior to the introduction of
the gf line. They found they could leave it out without any effect and had a
new market as well.

I probably won't post again unless something really interesting comes up.
Consider this the closing summary.  Thank you to all who replied to let me
know what they had or didn't have in their area.

Anne Barfield
www.chickenparadise.