From:
"John J. Jacques" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Mar 2010 07:48:10 -0700
Hi Phil, here is what I have on the TMV7A menu's, it my help!

73:
J.

    I have had my tmv7 about ten days now and here is what
    I discovered about accessing tmv7 menus.

    It is possible for a totally blind person to reliably
    change most menu items if  care is taken.  First, note that if the
radio is
    reset, pressing menu starts at menu 1. Notice that if you press right
arrow
    i.e. reverse, you get a high beep.  If you then press menu twice
again, turn
    tuning control one click to the right for menu 2 and press reverse,
you get a low
    beep.  It turns out that every menu with more than one item gives a
low
    beep.  The high beep menus are 1, 6, 8, 9, 10, 11, and 17.
    This means you can always orient yourself to a given menu by looking
for groups
    of high beeps.  For example, if you find four high beeps, you know
they were 8
    9 10 and 11 and the next menu is 12.  Turn tuning control to the item
you want
    and then press set i.e.low until item is what you want.
    For example, suppose you want your mic on and you don't remember
which menu you
    were last on.  We know that mic control is menu 16 item 1.  Press
menu and then
    reverse.  Note whether a high or low beep sounds.  Press menu twice
and
    rotate the tuning knob clockwise one click and press reverse again,
noting
    whether you get a high or low beep.  Keep doing this until you pass a
group
    of high beeps.  If you had 4 high beeps, then you are on menu 12.
Press menu
    twice and rotate tuning knob 4 clicks to the right and press
    reverse to get into the multiple item menu 16. This menu has 6 items
so you're
    probably wondering how to find the right one?  Items are selected
with the
    tuning control. It turns out that item 2 in menu 16 is unique in that
pressing
    set i.e. low gives 4 high beeps and 1 low.  Rotate tuning knob left
one click
    to item 1 and press set until you get a high beep and then press menu
to exit.
John Jacques
Amateur Radio Station: KD8PC
"Where Cat Is,  Is Civilization!"