From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Mar 2010 11:04:31 -0500
Junior,

I don't think it's really possible for Joe Average ham to measure the actual
resistance to the earth using  a regular ohm meter.   I think power
companies and others who need to  get things down to that last fraction of
an ohm, use something called a "Megger" to measure actual ground resistance.

You seem to be well grounded and maybe should look elsewhere.    You
mentioned yesterday you were trashing your neighbors DSL.   If that is the
only RF problem, maybe you should attack it there.   Ferrites on the phone
line and the wall wart power supply for the DSL modem might help.

If you prefer trying to fix it from your end:  Do you have a low pass filter
in line?  If not, maybe borrow one and see if it helps, if you  already have
one, try removing it  and test things.   If you have some excess coax in
your feed line, try winding a choke balun.  6 or 8 turns around a six inch
diameter and held in place with tape or zip ties.  If possible, wind right
at the place where the coax terminates to the ladder line of your G5RV.  You
will need roughly 20 feet of extra coax, depending on the type of coax you
are using.

If there is no excess feed line, just get a length of coax with the proper
connectors or adapters and insert it in the feed line.  There are chokes,
baluns, and line isolators you can buy, but no sense spending money until
you  are sure it will solve the problem.

Good luck, Steve KW3A