Date:
Mon, 26 Oct 2009 11:17:07 -0700
From:
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vistawu/thread/b73f3afa-5d72-403e-ab85-363f91b27e8c

Here are the steps on how to resolve the issue.
  Step 1: Download Microsoft Windows Installer CleanUp utility
  ====================================
  1. Visit:
  http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...BD/msicuu2.exe
  2. Save the file to your computer.
  3. Right click "msicuu2.exe", click "Run as administrator" and follow
the
  wizard to install this tool on your computer.

  Step 2: Remove .NET Framework
  ========================
  1. Click Start - All Programs- Windows Installer Clean Up, click
Allow.
  2. See if you can find .Net Framework software. If so, remove them.

  After that, please restart the computer and perform the following
  suggestions to reinstall .NET framework 1.1 and the updates for it.

  Step 3: Install .NET Framework 1.1 Redistributable Package and related
updates
  1. Please download the Microsoft .NET Framework Version 1.1
Redistributable
  Package from the following link and save it to the C drive (C:\)

  1) Microsoft .NET Framework Version 1.1 Redistributable Package

  http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...6/dotnetfx.exe

  2) Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1

  http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...867460-X86.exe

  3) Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework, Version 1.1 Service
Pack 1
  (KB928366)

  http://www.download.windowsupdate.co...d81a178b15.exe

  4) .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 SYSTEM.WEB.DLL and MSCOREE.DLL
Security
  Update for Windows Vista (KB929729)

  http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...929729-X86.exe