From:
Harvey Heagy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Sep 2010 16:52:32 -0400
Hello Pat.

While I didn't have hip replacement, I did go through hip repair and the
accompanying therapy in 2008.  So I know what your mother is going through.
I wish her well, and I also advise her to do whatever the therapist tells
her to do. It will be hard at first, but the more she can do the better off
she will be in the long run.  I went through 8 weeks of in patient care
because of that fall.  One other thing I'd advise is that if they want to
put her in a skilled nursing facility which is usually nothing more than a
glorified politically correct name for a nursing home, research the facility
thoroughly.  That's one thing I would never do again.  I spent the last six
days of my in patient care in one of the sorriest excuses for a nursing
facility I have ever seen.  I would have been better off at home taking out
patient therapy.  But we all know how it is, just because we are blind, they
think we need more supervision than we actually do.  Anyway, just my two
cents worth.  73.
Harvey