From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Jun 2010 22:51:38 -0600
I started hearing a Mexican CW beacon on 50.016, which I always check, about
midday.  Closer to the noon hour, w4 and w5 and a few w0 stations were
coming through and some pretty loud.  by 1 or 2 PM, from Utah to the west
coast was rolling in 20 and 30 over S9 and it continued up until even now
coming up on 11 PM Denver time.  I worked more CW today on 6 meters than
ever before.  Some Caribbean signals heard in Denver but I couldn't hear
them with my vertical.  I continued listening right up until now in hopes we
would get a KH6 or two on the band but never even heard any west coast
stations working the Pacific.  I guess some Denver stations heard a couple
of VE8 signals a few nights ago so we are getting closer to KL7 by the day
and maybe, as was the case last year, Japan will even squeak through.  So it
was a mighty fine 6 meter opening today.  I sure hope it does that well
during the VHF contests and Field Day.  If it opens like that, it will be a
fun bunch of 6 meter contests to work this season.

Phil.
WWW.RedWhiteAndBlue.ORG