From:
Kevin Nathan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 31 May 2010 08:28:19 -0700
Hi Christian,

Yes, I have had both radios and I think the 480 is much more accessible than
the 2000 because, as David said, it reads the menu setting to you as well as
just the menu number.  Also, if you buy the VGS1 speech board, it
automatically gives you a voice recorder which is over $100 with the 2000.
The one place the 2000 absolutely drove me crazy was when you turn the multi
select knob to go through the memories.  Each time you turn it it says MR so
if you are moving from memory 10 to say memory 85, it says MR, MR, MR, ad
nausium.  It used to drive both my XYL and me crazy when I had one.

I hope this is of some help to you in your decisions and very 73.

Kevin :)
Amateur Radio:  K7RX