From:
Lloyd Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 11 May 2010 23:13:58 -0400
I can tell if my FT950 is in Split mode, because the TXW (transmit watch)
switches to the other VFO when pushed.

Yaesu has a $6,000 transceiver called the FTDX-5000 which came out a few
months ago.  200 watts, built-in power supply, two receivers with nearly
identical DSP functions.  I would like to see one sometime; the front panel
must be a lot more complicated than the 61 buttons and 9 knobs on my 950.  I
have been reading the manual, and it doesn't look as if it is any more
accessible than my 950.

The FT-950 has direct frequency entry, and a good set of beeps.

It will be interesting to see what Kenwood did for a new transceiver, since
there were rumors for a long time that no more HF transceivers were on their
drawing board.
73,
Lloyd Rasmussen, W3IUU, Kensington, Maryland
Home:  http://lras.home.sprynet.com
Work:  http://www.loc.gov/nls