From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Oct 2009 12:26:04 -0600
i've worked some south african's and north african stations on 20M with a
sloaper from 30FT to 5ft on the other end with around 100 watts.
as long as one is patient, and conditions are right, you can work almost
anything you hear as long as you have a resonant antenna and 5 watts or
more.
Of course, when you work QRP, you better be damn sure you have good coax, or
a very short run of it so that the antenna sees as much of that rf as you
can get to it.
When conditions are very good, I sometimes go QRP just for fun to see how
many of the same stations I talked to with 100 watts can still hear me.
Most of them can.
Also, if you are in a pile up, using the words "QRP" or "mobile" will
usually get you a spot pretty quickly in the pile.
73
Colin, V A6BKX