ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Doris and Chris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Aug 2013 17:51:10 -0400
And there is really nothing that has to be understood or even
believed in a certain way because it just is. God just is. A baby in
Christ doesn't need to understand  that it is born and gets hungry
and will cry when it needs to eat or needs to poop or needs to be
held so a babe in Christ doesn't need to study theology to be indwelt
by the spirit or to be guided by the Spirit of God. I personally
never had one particular turning point where I signed my life over to
God though there is an experience I had the first time I ever took
communion that came the closest to such. mostly, my faith journey has
been a process and I m ostly see Godd's workings in my life in retrospect.

Those who practice infant baptism believe that the child becomes
indwelt by the spirit at the time of baptism and is then
ssubsequently raised and taught in the faith by parents, sponsors and
congregation until the child or young adult is old enough to affirm
their baptism. While I personally

I myself do not prescribe to infant baptism but like the symbolism of
a little child being accepted into the family of God just on grace alone.

Doris