From:
Marlene Maderer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 26 Apr 2010 12:32:08 EDT

I'll bet the spelling is Cremodan as suggested by one 'listee'. Thanks so
much. This makes sense to me, even though I imagine there is no gluten,
looking  at the product description ingredients below. Now i will really let
this  rest.

Marlene

Could it be called "Cremodan 25"? Or "Cremodan 30"? Same product, different
 amounts of guar gum.

If so, it's a very common ingredient in ice cream to  keep it smooth and
reduce ice crystals.
I've never heard it to contain any  gluten.

Product Description
Use Cremodan Ice Cream Stabilizer to improve  the texture and creaminess of
ice cream. This product also Inhibits  crystallization and aerates for a
consistent volume. The recommended dosage is  0.5% of total base volume.

Ingredients: Mono & Diglycerides,  Sodium Alginate, Locust Bean Gum,
Carrageenan, Guar Gum, Sodium Dioxide (to  prevent caking).

Directions: Use 5 grams per 1000 grams of  base.

*******
*******