ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Jun 2009 20:18:38 -0600
I gave up TV once, not having one in my house, for three years.  No, I
really didn't miss it and tended to read more books than ever before, but
the news hound that I am, I did miss it for that.  I made up for the loss
via a portable radio for the news.  However, I grew up with kids who weren't
allowed to have TV in their home.  Out of 5 kids, 4 turned out rotten,
including homosexuality, drug abuse, and much more.  I had a TV growing up
but my parents were careful about what I watched.  There wasn't much bad
stuff on TV back in the mid fifties on the other hand.  Now, of course, a
Christian has to be careful but a discipled Christian, well grounded in the
word, is no more effected by television in the home than having co-workers
wo cuss and swear and tell dirty jokes in the work place.

Phil.