From:
"Thomas, Janet (HRD)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Apr 1995 13:46:00 ADT

I've noticed that some of you are looking for good gf recipe books.  Here's
an excerpt from our latest newsletter, written from my perspective.

BOOKS, BOOKS, BOOKS

Back by popular demand, a listing of the cookbooks which I have found most
useful.  I get a lot of calls and questions about these books, so here they
are again....

The Gluten-Free Gourmet by Bette Hagman
More From the Gluten-Free Gourmet by Bette Hagman

Bette Hagman's books are a must for all Celiacs (and non-Celiacs) who wish
to eat well.  Her first book, The Gluten-Free Gourmet, provided me with
wonderful recipes for birthday cakes, cookies, pie crust and pizza dough.  I
thought that she couldn't outdo herself in her second book, More From the
Gluten-Free Gourmet, but I bought it anyway because it was to include more
than 25 bread machine recipes.  Well, I wasn't disappointed with the bread
machine recipes, and we are averaging a loaf of her Boston Brown Bread per
week.  What really pleased me are the recipes for mock graham crackers,
granola and granola bars (which are fantastic!), creamed soup and mock
oatmeal cookies.  And, I've only just begun to explore Bette's recipes.

Bette Hagman's books are published  by Henry Holt and Company of New York
and may be purchased and/or ordered at Coles Bookstores in Fredericton. (New
Brunswick, Canada)

Gluten-Free Anytime by Joyce Friesan and Donna Wall
Gluten-Free Anytime Special by Joyce Friesan and Donna Wall

For all of you who wish to eat 'normal' foods, the Gluten-Free Anytime book
is a must.  Joyce and Donna have included recipes for such basics as
muffins, banana bread, tea biscuits, soda crackers, pancakes, waffles,
chocolate chip cookies, apple crisp and many, many more.  Their second book
has many 'special' recipes, such as Sausage Rolls, Fortune Cookies,
Fruitcake, Christmas Mints and Chocolate Patties.  And, speaking of
chocolate, there is a whole section of absolutely heavenly recipes for
chocolate lovers.

These two books may be ordered from Gluten-Free Anytime, 3429-136 Avenue,
Edmonton, Alberta, T5A 2W5.  They used to be $14.95 plus $3.00 for postage
(Canadian), but the prices may have increased since I purchased mine a few
years ago.

Janet