Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sat, 26 Jun 2010 00:22:12 -0400
7bit
Sender:
From:

Thank you to all who responded. Besides offering information, the emotional
support was welcome in this frustrating situation. I have acted upon
suggestions, but no resolution yet. I will post the "end of the story" when
it happens.

For those of you unfamiliar with the request, I had asked if anyone else had
had difficulty or success cancelling their subscription with Zeer, an online
broker of information on the gluten content of foods. For six months I have
been trying to cancel my account or find out my account number in order to
cancel my account. I have never received a response from Zeer except for the
automated one that says to wait 72 hours for a response. After pursuing all
other possible angles with my credit card company, I am still being charged
about $5 a month for a subscription. Zeer has managed to circumvent a block
that was placed on my credit card. The following are the suggestions I have
received.

1.       Call or e-mail my state's attorney general.  Thanks, I did not know
this. I wrote and then called. They told me to call the Federal Trade
Commission (1-877-382-4357) for the problem with Zeer and to call the FDIC
(1-877-275-3342) for problems with my credit card (not being able to block,
still billing after card is cancelled). I will be working on these phone
calls shortly.

2.      E-mail the Better Business Bureau at BBB.com. The responder had
actually already looked up Zeer and said they have an F rating.
http://www.bbb.org/boston/business-reviews/food-brokers/zeer-inc-in-cambridg
e-ma-117046/#_rr .I looked them up as well and the reason for the F is for
not responding to someone who wanted to cancel their subscription --- same
issue!! I filed a report as well. They say to wait a month for any response.

3.       Call the number listed on my credit card (617-329-7223). I had
already done this and there is no response or one for a company that knits
mittens. The dispute officer at my credit card tried to call as well and
said it was not a working number.

4.  See a review at
http://www.bookofyum.com/blog/gluten-free-product-database-review-is-zeercom
-worth-the-cost-3795.html where there is a Zeer Community Manager. The
upshot of the review is that Zeer is probably not something any of us need
to pay for since we have such a great community of information givers for
free. I left a message explaining how hard I found it to cancel this
subscription.

5.       Someone explained in a detailed way that my credit card company
(Chase) should be able to block the charges... I will look into this
further, and with the FDIC if needed.

6.       Dispute the charges each month... I have done and will continue to
do this, but this is not an acceptable resolution. If you forget to call,
the charges are not disputable after 60 days.

7.       Someone suggested changing credit cards (like it was stolen)...
When I had asked Chase about this, they said that it would not stop the
charges - they would transfer to the new number and if I were to cancel my
account, they would have to bill me each month for the Zeer charge anyway.
This does sound ridiculous to me and I did grill her on that. So I will
address that Chase Visa problem with the FDIC as well.

8.  Someone sent the contact information for Michael Putnam CEO Zeer, Inc.:
One Broadway, 14th Floor Cambridge, MA  02140 [log in to unmask] mobile:
617-869-6003. She said they had been mistakenly charging cancelled
subscriptions a few months ago. They sent out apologies with the CEOs
contact info and cell number. I never received this and this has been going
on since December for me. My last charge on my account was in May. I am not
sure, yet, if I will call this number. I think, at this point, I want
everything to be approached officially first. public record.

Thanks again to all.

Maureen / Delaware

*******
*******