From:
Toby Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Jul 1997 01:05:18 -0700
Karl Mac Mc Kinnon wrote:
>         This, in part, helps to explain the rapid speedy and easy weight
> loss of Neanderthin.  I'm dropping out of 52" pants soon and into 50" or
> 51".  When I started the diet, I was 54" around the belly.  All of this
> with no counting of calories and no exercise beyond the light amount of
> walking I do for my job.

Congratulations on your excellent results!

> I am
> so very clever to have discovered NeanderThin.  We are all so very, very
> clever.  I'd like to congradulate everyone here for recognizing a good
> thing when they see it.

Is this sarcasm?

> Most dieters are out there starving themselves
> on plans with 89% failure rates, and here we are not hungry and doing a
> whole hell of a lot better just eating as much as we want of the right
> types of food.

Yeah, except in cases where your total cholesterol and LDLs skyrocket.
:)

I also question your favorable comparison to the 89% failure rates of
other dieters. Do you have ANY idea how many people try Neanderthin and
give it up? I'm almost certain that you don't. There is an incredible
self-selection bias in judging the efficacy of a diet by the feedback
of a very small, very select group of people who like it so much
that they take the time to be on a mailing list.

> Sure, they get to eat cheese and crackers, but when
> dinner times comes around and they only get 7 oz of beef a day, we can
> sit back and enjoy a 12 oz steak, knowing that the fat and protein will
> work its magic to rebuild our bodies.

Surely an individual preference... I, for example, don't even like
steak.

Toby