From:
Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Jul 1997 17:26:24 -0400
Dean Esmay <[log in to unmask]>

>3) Try eating more garlic.  You can easily eat it raw but it's yummy cooked
>and is very good for cholesterol.  2-3 cloves a day would be healthy.

In much of the country, this week is the only week of the year that fresh
garlic is available. Garlic is harvested all at once, and it should be
right about now. You'll need to find a farmer's market, as it will only
remain fresh for a week or so. You'll know it's fresh as the green stalk
will come with it.

I expect I'll be able to buy some this Saturday, and I want to bake some of
it.

Don.