From:
Ken O'Neill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Jan 2010 21:18:01 -0600
You're right. I lived in Tucson for 12 years and the Caravan Middle Eastern
market had a rich supply of halal beef and lamb, as well as halal sausage &
cured meat products from Los Angeles. Areas with a large Muslim population
requiring halal are the best bet.
On that note, your post has triggered finally asking a similar question: is
kosher typically grass fed, too? Or did Islam up the ante (or did their god
guy finally clarify what he meant in presumably higher teachings and
revelations)?