From:
Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Apr 2012 22:52:37 -0400
Diane H wrote:
 >I can never believe that people not in hotels "go out" for coffee.
 >I cannot believe how many addicts Starbucks serves....nor the
 >additives they require.

Now there is also a Starbucks down the street. But I believe these
people are buying from the local place. I should point out that this
is a very wealthy neighborhood. So I doubt these people I see care
about a few dollars extra a day.

I think of the Starbucks here as catering to the crowd that likes to
spend time on their laptops at a place other than at their home. The
local place these people are buying from is small with no tables.
Only a few stools and outside benches.

A few blocks away there is another coffee place called the Tea
Lounge. I was in there once and every single person in there was into
their laptops.

 >The only things I'd miss would be the coconut milk and almond milk I
 >pour in with it.
 >Delectable... Might be nice with tea.

Additives go much better with stronger black tea. Green tea is
delicate. At one time I was making cinnamon water to use as a tea
base. I was putting cinnamon sticks in warm water and letting them
soak for a while. Then storing the water in the refrigerator. But
cinnamon doesn't go well with green tea.

I get my cinnamon now by adding lots to my homemade applesauce. I've
learned that if you use Ceylon cinnamon (expensive and hard to find)
the more you add the better it gets.

Don.

P.S. A reminder: This list's host requires us listowners to control
excessive quoting of prior posts. There really should never be quoted
material hanging out under the new material that you are writing.