From:
Lynnet Bannion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Aug 2011 13:40:18 -0600
On Sat, 13 Aug 2011 12:04:25 -0600, David Harrison
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> If I eat ice cream or high sugar treats I will be craving it for a week
> after.
> I can eat a pound of pasta, feel sick, and still be hungry. Certain
> things
> trigger over eating in me.  Those triggers will vary from person to
> person.
Precisely.  BTW before my celiac disease became overt, no matter how much
pasta I
ate I was still hungry, but that's a different subject, actually.

There's a great book on the subject of addictive foods:
The End of Overeating, by David Kessler.
Lots of interesting studies, and chapter and verse about how food
manufacturers and chain restaurants amp up the sugar, salt, fat,
flavors and textures of food to make them as irresistible as possible.
I think you don't have to look any further than that for the causes
of American obesity.

> In my opinion, everyone needs to figure out what are the foods that lend
> themselves to overeating.
Yup.  I lost 45 lbs last year by writing out a list of 10 addictive foods
and just NOT EATING THEM.  Fortunately, if you stay completely away
 from them for a few weeks, they will lose their hold on you.

	Lynnet