From:
Kristina Carlton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Aug 2011 06:21:38 -0500
Beb Liberman wrote:
> Protein will be converted to glucose for fuel IF there is not enough
> fat available to burn. If your convertible carb intake (does not
> include the fiber) is at 20gm/day or less, then your glucose levels
> will be low, your insulin levels will be low, and  your body will
> freely burn your stored fats.
>
> A calorie restricted ketogenic diet will do all of that and, from
> reports from other people, once your body switches over to burning fat
> as a primary fuel, you should stay in ketosis, burn body fat, and not
> get ravenous.  The switch over from glucose to ketone metabolism, if
> you have not done this before, may take 2-3 days during which you may
> feel like you have the flu.

I switched from SAD to Atkins in 1996 never eating more than 50 grams of
carbs a day. In 2003 I switched to Paleo (essentially cutting out sweetener,
soy protein flour, etc.) and in 2009 I switched to zero carb. On Paleo I ate
between 30 to 50 grams of convertible carbs a day. So at this point I should
be in ketosis I would hope.

I wish I could say I am not hungry but that is one of my daily symptoms
since all this started. No matter how much I eat or what I eat I am hungry.
In my reading about Lyme I have come across some information that indicates
both anorexia or a failure of satiety can be a sign of Lyme. I sure hope it
is and that it will go away because right now it's a daily struggle not to
overeat.

Kristina