From:
David Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Jul 2011 15:08:57 -0400
-----Original Message-----
From: Paleolithic Eating Support List [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
On Behalf Of Kristina Carlton
Sent: Saturday, July 30, 2011 7:42 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Lyme Disease

> http://www.healthpromoting.com/ Where I Went.
> Water Only fasting is a very different physiological process than
> "juice
> fasting" or other small amounts of food added in.
> -David

Thanks - I got your other post last night. Looks like an interesting place.
I have been thinking about water fasting for a long time but haven't found
an affordable place. However, now I am working again and might be able to go
to the place you recommended. The clinic in Germany does fasting ala "Dr.
Buchinger". He basically came up with it because water fasting is so hard on
people. You get 4 to 6 oz fresh veggie juice in the AM, clear broth for
lunch, and tea with honey for dinner. I skipped the juice most days and
opted for another clear broth at dinner instead of tea with honey. It was
tough. I used to fast at home but it has become very difficult because I am
always hungry (whether I eat or not) and that makes it harder IMO.

I do think a water fast would starve/kill the bad bacteria, parasites,
viruses, etc. while leaving the beneficial bacteria. Thanks for mentioning
it because fasting is one of the things I am considering.

How long did you fast and for what reason if you don't mind sharing.

Kristina

I fasted 21 days for general detox and my daughter fasted for 21 days to get
rid of ovarian cysts and hormone imbalance (it worked).
Water only fasting for a condition (rather than detox) should really only be
done with experienced supervision. They do weekly blood test there and they
have MDs supervising it. This place is now starting to get research money
from the big schools to look for biomarkers during fasting. They have had a
bunch of success with lupus and the researchers' want to know why so they
can create a drug.....

Water only fasting is extremely effective for many things (chronic
infection, anything inflammatory related, non cancerous tumors)..
I will be happy to answer any other questions; however, it should probably
be taken off list. You should have my email at the top of this message.
-David