Date:
Wed, 6 Jul 2011 13:10:30 -0400
On 07/05/2011 09:21 PM, Andrea Luxenburg wrote:

> If I had time, and was brave enough to throw out all the drugs
> (digoxin, coumadin, and metformin) and supplements, I would do strict
> low calorie paleo (I can no longer lose weight without reducing
> calories as well as carbs), and in the long run, if I survived, it
> would fix everything.  But matters have progressed far enough that I
> feel the need to help paleo with whatever other healthful measures
> will hurry the healing.  Just so I live long enough to be cured....

You probably won't, if you keep on with that digoxin. Stop it now!
Please email Hans, the owner of afibbers.org at [log in to unmask]
for the well-researched reason why digoxin is a very bad idea.
No competent physician would prescribe it.

Coumadin is a blood thinner; my experience is that on a paleolithic diet
my blood is thin anyway, and taking a blood thinner (fish oil) last year
caused three hemorrhagic strokes.

IMO pemmican is the ultimate paleo; it has done wonders for me, and the
problems I've had along the way were caused by attempts to "help" it.
Pemmican is also the best chance of losing weight without cravings or
other problems - eat all you want and be happy.

William