From:
Mrs Caroline Centa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Jan 2010 15:08:42 -0800
[Why would anyone warm breast milk? I have never heard of this before. Even in the says of wet nurses, breast milk has always been fed ready-warmed from a perfect container.

Keith]

Mother's who need to express milk for their child (i.e. working mothers or some mothers of premature babies) would need to warm their milk.  When I have my children baby sat (so I can have time away to do things for myself on occasions) I will express milk.  I have ALWAYS had it reheated on a stove in a pot of water (good old fashioned style).

As for the microwave, we moved ours into a hole in the kitchen (that was originally designed for microwave by the last owners of the house) but it's not designed to go into a built in space.  This has turned out perfectly now, as I used to use it to cook a lot, but now only use it for emergency defrosting.  We don't usually freeze our meat either, taste better fresh.  So our microwave's #1 usage is for the time on it (use it as a clock in our kitchen), #2 - the timer facilities (for timing how long stuff is cooking on the stove/in the oven for) and then it get's used for defrosting about once every 3 months (if that).  I could live without one *most* of the time, but as I only use it for emergency defrosting, I definitely need it at those times and couldn't live without it, thus why it sits there wasting space...

I guess I could do what my friend does, and use it for a cupboard space for things like paper towels and then it will still be there when I need it.